jueves, 23 de diciembre de 2021

where've you been, Frankie?

random guy walking in the street meets another random guy

city night lights, the background landscape: https://photos.app.goo.gl/XjVCKLrLNQkLhJLY9

the background music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXkbi-ddZXM

-    City night lights… the lights…
-    Yeah… you like them? I can assure you… the night is the same everywhere…
-    If you say so…
-    Yep…
-    Mmmm… oh! Oh! Oh, my God! Aren’t you… Frankie?… Frankie Wilde?
-    Well… dude… don’t say it so loud… only my mom calls me that…
-    (interrupting) Oh, man! Oh! God knows I’ve tried so hard to find you… Where've you been, Frankie?  
-    Gosh… just… please… just don’t call me that way… it’s not that difficult…
-    Please, please, please tell me… When did it happen? When did someone decide we were no longer young?
-    Mmmm… interesting question… not sure I have the right answer…
-    But it hurts so much in the guts… Who the hell made that decision for me… Please tell me…
-    Don’t know, dude… just… think about for a minute… would you want it? I mean… would you really want to go back there? WOULD YOU REALLY WANT YOUTH BACK?
-    …
-    Isn’t that just an infamous cliché you are repeating here, man?
-    Well… Yeah… oh! no… no! Don’t go that way… I know you… you are just pretending… you won’t fool me… You won’t even convince yourself…
-    …
-    City night lights… the lights… don’t you miss them? You know, man… I miss them… here… now… all the time… stuck in existence… abducted by routine… a long shot from what I used to be… the guy I will never be again... the mortal boredom… Is that progress? Evolution? Or just surrender?
-    Oh, yeah, but you are just so much comfortable now 😊


Kitsilano, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (2008)
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario